Saturday 27 April 2013

Perfect in Pastels...

Perfect in Pastels by Neil Burley
I chose the fantastic 'Bundles of Hearts' digistamp from , our sponsors this month for the 'Let's Celebrate' theme.

I had a go at being a bit different, and decided to try and make the equivalent of an embossing folder to build up the image into an embossed one - it worked to a degree, but no where near good enough to run with, and then I ran out of time.

So I got out the PanPastels to colour in Benson Bear, adding shading and filling in the small areas with Derwent soft pastel pencils. I blended those in with a paper stump, which was also quite handy for moving the pastel off the laser-printed black areas. Any pastels running over edges were gently rubbed back with an eraser. I used a spray fixative to seal everything before assembling the card. The sentiment is a peel off, and the coloured card from Bazzill. I love the texture that the pastels give to the fur :)

And once I've mastered the art of converting a digistamp to an embossed image, I'll let you know!


2 comments: