Wednesday 28 May 2014

Just Keep Swimming...

'Just Keep Swimming' by Neil Burley

This gorgeous creature, 'Fancy Fish' from our sponsors this month, Oak Pond Creations, brings the perfect encouragement for those going through it. Mind you, looking through some potential sentiments, 'Ooops' caught my eye too! But I didn't feel that was terribly ladylike.

I've opened up my bottles of Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Spray Inks from Creative Expressions to watercolour three layers of the image, using Marigold and Sunflower for the goldfish, Sea View for the water and Blue Lace for the bubbles. Once everything was dry, I decoupaged the layers up with foam pads, matted onto Cobalt and Kraft card stock before adding the sentiment. The bubbles have a little extra treatment that isn't obvious in the photo - I ran the coloured image through my Xyron Quick-Sticker and then stuck them onto acetate (this hides the double sided against the acetate as it is uniformly applied), before cutting out the individual bubbles and mounting them on foam pads or gluing in place. Just another way of glazing, although the fussy cutting was a long project!


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic card, love the cute fish, so much work going on here, just fabulous hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete