Saturday 13 December 2014

2014 Favourites

This month's challenge is to share your favourite makes of the year.  2014 has been quite a special crafting year for me for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, it's the first year I've done any significant amount of scrapbooking.  I've always wanted to scrap, and becoming a Mum in 2011 gave me an extra reason to do it, but I hadn't managed more than the odd isolated project.   At the start of the year I set myself a target of creating one layout per month, and I'm happy to say I exceeded that, not least because I think that's the first time I've ever kept to a new year's resolution!  My top 3 favourite layouts for the year are these:

"Bob's Bumpy Bark Rub" (this was my first of the year, and incorporates a bark rubbing):


"Great Minds" (think alike), made for a sketch challenge on the do crafts scrapbook forum:


and "Bob's First Proper Christmas", my first 12x12 double page layout:

The other reason 2014's crafting has been special is that my little boy has very recently become interested in making things :-)  To capitalise on this, I made an activity advent calendar that included some crafting and cooking projects.  Despite the fact I spend all of every day with him, I think we're both really benefitting from this more focussed 'time in'.  This is my favourite of the things that we've made so far - partly because Bob stayed interested from start to finish, and partly because I managed to resist the temptation to neaten it up!


I hope you like my faves.  Thanks for reading and Happy Christmas!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment